[TriLUG] recommendations for combo pcmcia cards?

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Tue Dec 18 08:41:38 EST 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 07:20:20AM -0500, rpjday wrote:

>   anyone have any recommendations for combo 10/100/56k modem
> pcmcia cards that work well with red hat?  i've been fighting
> with a xircom cardbus card, and i may post more on that later
> if i'm still keen on somehow getting it to work.
>
>   anybody have good things to say about 3com/linksys/<whatever>?
> i was poking around best buy yesterday, but they don't carry
> either 3com or xircom cards, and the linksys combo card was only
> 16-bit.
>
>   finally, do we as trilug members still get a 20% guru dicsount
> at stay online?  if so, i might just wander over there later.

Don't have any recommendations on PCMCIA cards, but I do know that
Trilug members still get the technoguru discount at Stay Online.  Clay
knows my by sight so I don't have to show him my Trilug membership card,
but I was in there on Saturday with someone else working, and I was
asked to show my card to get the discount.  (Luckily, I had it tucked
away in a corner of my wallet.)

Mike

--
Mike Broome