[TriLUG] partitioning advice

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Tue Dec 18 09:26:07 EST 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 08:02, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> (Of course, I also support SAMBA mounts to the same place, giving me a
> universal home directory in my house, no matter what OS I'm using. if
> I ever get a Mac, I guess I'll be adding appleshare to that - if it's
> not OSX+ *grin*)

I was under the impression that the latest update for OS X (i.e. 10.1)
was supposed to provide SAMBA support out-of-the-box. That's not the
same as appleshare, right?

And to go off on a tangent...has anyone else been hearing more and more
of their Linux-using friends seriously considering a new Mac with MacOS
X? I've got several that have been wondering out loud whether they
should bother with Linux and perhaps should just buy a Mac.

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\