[TriLUG] You can now buy Mandrake 8.1 WITH A LINUX VERSION of "THE SIMS"--The REAL MCKOY!!

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Tue Dec 18 16:09:12 EST 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 16:04, al johson wrote:
> Dropped into Compusa in Raleigh today and went back to their Linux section.
> I was startled at what I saw, considering we just had a program on Linux and
> games. And if this was mentioned, I  must have been asleep at the time.
>     On the shelf for the sum of $70.00 you can now buy Mandrake-Linux 8.1
> WITH "THE SIMS" game (its the real McKoy because the box it's in looks like
> the front of THE SIMS box!!).  I thought I'd let everyone know about this
> because if you care about more games being available in Linux format, you
> might want to run out and give Mandrake some money for this unusual
> distribution. You get the standard 8.1 package (3 disks) plus "The Sims"
> game. I'm not kidding!!--Al.

If you had come to last Thursday's TriLUG meeting you would
have already know this. :-)  You were looking at Mandake 8.1
Gaming Edition.  In addition to the Sims, I believe, it also
includes Transgamings WineX so you can play other Windows
games too.  I'm not that much into the SIMS, so I don't
remember everything that was said about it at the meeting.
Perhaps someone else would refresh my memory... :-)

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

 History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
 of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
 endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989