[TriLUG] You can now buy Mandrake 8.1 WITH A LINUX VERSION of"THE SIMS"--The REAL MCKOY!!

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 19 01:34:58 EST 2001

Well if I heard you correctly, I believe you said that Wine for The Sims was
"a work in progress", not already available from Mandrake, but I could have
been mistaken. The Sims is sort of interesting to me, since it's clearly a
forerunner of the sorts of games that we'll see more of in the future--it's
sort of like a much more realistic "LIFE game" (if there's anyone who
remembers these early computer games), complete with backgrounds and people
who interact with one another in a virtual universe of their very own.
Incidentally, there is an excellent motion picture which shows what could
happen in the future called, as I recall, "The Thirteenth Floor". Very good
movie for geeks. --AL.