[TriLUG] Re: Openssh update failure

Fred Stutzman stutzman at email.unc.edu
Wed Dec 19 12:51:23 EST 2001

If you prefer to do your package management through RPM, there is a middle
ground that will get you working.  You could look into the 'checkinstall'
package - it is a piece of software that automatically creates and
installs RPM's from your compiled source.  The steps are simple - pull the
newest SSH down, compile and when you run 'make install', you'd run
checkinstall which would create the RPM for you.  It's a solid package and
I've used it on many production systems.  (also makes debian packages!)

Tks
Fred