[TriLUG] Nvidia driver problems

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Wed Dec 19 14:47:57 EST 2001

Yup, I'm still seeing these as well. [Horrible] VIA KT133A chipset,
nothing overclocked. The 2313/2314 (just a cosmetic fix, really)
drivers are much stabler, though. Have you tried disabling AGP
(Option "NVagp" "0" in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4)? AFAIK rm -rf /tmp/*
never changed the frequency or (un)predictability of my X hangs,
so ...

Drop by #nvidia on irc.openprojects.net sometime in the evenings,
some Nvidia guys are there and can help troubleshoot. More than
likely they'll ask you to startx -- -logverbose 5 and send in your
XF86Config-4 to linux-bugs at nvidia.com. (Don't leave immediately if
no one answers right away. :-)

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu