[TriLUG] question about kernel/pcmcia support

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Dec 20 13:00:58 EST 2001

rpjday wrote:

>   how do these two features work together?  what if you neglect
> to install the kernel-pcmcia-cs rpm?  what value does the kernel
> pcmcia code have then?  is this making any sense?

See the description at:

   http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/README-2.4

AFAIK, the RPM you mention is a binary of David Hinds' pcmcia-cs
package.  And yes, its confusing that theres two kernel pcmcia
implimentations.

I'm reading about them as I'm trying to get my pcmcia ehternet card to
give me two different IPs depending upon the pcmcia port that I plug it
into and, unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be easy with Red Hat's
pcmcia scripts...

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD