[TriLUG] IMAP client

John Franklin franklin at elfie.org
Fri Dec 21 10:51:25 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 03:21:59PM -0800, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I have tried Evolution and it is nice and stable.... but my heart still
> belongs to Mutt.  There will never be a mail client that sucks less :-)

I haven't had the same stability experience with Evolution that I've heard
others have, but even if it were rock solid I'd still stay with mutt for
two reasons:

1. FCC by recepient (that is, mail to momndad gets saved in the momndad folder)
2. Really good threading.

Eric Kidd makes some good points about it, tho, and I'd like to see some
of them incorporated to make mutt suck even less.  In particular an HTML
mail rendering library would be nice.  I can deal with it being modal (though
it'd also be nice if my editor could be put in a ncurses pane), and I
find the speed, even with very large mailboxes, to be acceptable.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin at elfie.org