[TriLUG] New messages on all my RH machines

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Thu Dec 27 13:10:30 EST 2001

Rodent of Unusual Size [Ken.Coar at golux.com] wrote:
> Dunno why, but all of my RH 6.2+ machines have suddenly
> started getting
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-10
>
> in the /var/log/messages file -- even the ones behind a NAT
> and not directly reachable.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't recall which it is, but the net-pf modules are things
like appletalk and decnet and such; assuming that you're just
doing IP-over-PPP, you can ignore it.  If you're trying to do
more fancy encapsulation, you'll have to rebuild your kernel with
all of the extra protocols even if you don't use them...

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/