[TriLUG] seeking a Kodak DC4800, DC290, DC265 or other remote-control-able digital camera

P. L. Charles Fischer fischer at pop3.zedec.com
Thu Jan 3 14:42:27 EST 2002

We just got a DX-3900 at work.  I will try to get it to shoot with both
Linux and MS-Windows.  If I have any luck I will let you know.  I looked for
a 4800 on the web, without much luck.

Good luck
-Charles

 At 11:06 AM 1/3/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>Our lab is desperately seeking a digital camera that we can control
>(that is: shoot, download, delete-images-from-flash-card, and repeat)
>from a computer, preferably a Linux-based machine.
>
>In the past, I've written PERL scripts calling the OpenDigita
>(http://ods.sourceforge.net) "ks" program for this purpose and it has
>worked well.  More recently, I've been trying to use the jPhoto
>(http://jphoto.sourceforge.net) interface to accomplish the same with
>newer (DX series) Kodak cameras.  I can get downloads to work with the
>DX models, but they do not support the image capture ("shoot")
>functionality.  Unfortunately, it appears that the only recently
>manufactured consumer-grade Kodak camera that supports this level of
>functionality is the DC-4800 model which has almost entirely disappeared
>from retail shelves.
>
>So, would anyone of you consider trading one of the following models
>
>  - Kodak DC 4800
>  - Kodak DC 290
>  - Kodak DC 265
>
>for a BRAND NEW 3.1 Mpixel Kodak DX-3900 and, potentially, some cash?
>If you have a DC-4800, we'll consider covering part of the difference in
>cost.
>
>If you have a friend with one of the above models, please pass this
>email along.
>
>thanks for your help,
>Ed
>
>ps - I'm researching the remode-control functionality of non-Kodak
>     cameras and its a lot of docs to dig through.  If anyone can
>     recommend or is even willing to swap for a model that supports
>     the computer-control functionality we need, I'd be very grateful!
>

>--
>Edward H. Hill III, PhD
>Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Email:    <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>
>Division of ESE             |  URL:      http://www.eh3.com
>Colorado School of Mines    |  Phone:    303-273-3483
>Golden, CO  80401           |  Fax:      303-273-3311
>
>GnuPG public key:  http://www.eh3.com/eh3.gpg
>
>Attachment Converted: C:\Eudora\Attach\[TriLUG] seeking a Kodak DC4800

P. L. Charles Fischer                                      fischer at zedec.com
					VOX: 919.465.2306	800.894.0058
ZEDEC Technologies                                         FAX: 919.465.2309