[TriLUG] seeking a Kodak DC4800, DC290, DC265 or other remote-control-able digital camera

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 15:20:12 EST 2002

In the wee days of long ago when I worked for the USDA building robots (and
robotic tools)... I tossed an A/D card into an IBM PC and hooked that up to
a auto-plunger, which pulled on a long cable attached to an ordinary
camera.  At appropriate times the computer sent a signal to the A/D card
which put out 5 volts to the auto-plunger, with compressed, pushing the
inner cable connected to the camera's manual switch.

The most expensive part of the setup was the cable that cost about $80.

A lot of (expensive) camera's come the ability to hook up a remote switch
to them.

Hope this helps - Jon