[TriLUG] Securing Mail services

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Fri Jan 4 08:21:55 EST 2002

Well, this week I've had just enough time to set up imaps and pop3s on
my personal server (and yes, this knowledge will be applied to fatalpha,
eventually). That was *EASY*.

But now I'd like to allow secure SMTP with SSL and User Login for
relaying. Sure, it'll still listen on 25 for inbound mail, but now I'd
like to let my users relay mail securely (with a login, of course).

Has anyone set this up, and have recomendations? I'm probably going to
upgrade this box to RHL 7.2 in the near future, so changing mail servers
isn't out of the question.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001