[TriLUG] Anyone hiring Linux/UNIX professionals?

M. Mueller/bhu5nji bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 05:07:23 EST 2002

FWIW, I got the boot last April from one of those big phone equipment
companies.  I started a company to build an app that my past employers had
rejected as being not profitable enough.  With luck and hard work my intent
is to create contract opportunities this year for local talent from growth
and extensions to the base application.

The job/contract market seems mighty thin.  I am a developer with management
experience and background exclusively in telecom signaling.  Man, it's rough
out there with those credentials.  It's easy to keep working on the new
business since there are no other alternatives tugging at me.

I've got some connections in the IS dept. at Tekelec in Morrisville.  I'll
check to see what their hiring situation is for the 1st quarter.  They are a
Windows and Solaris shop.

Good Luck,
Mike