[TriLUG] IDE for C

Ed Warnicke hagbard at physics.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 4 18:51:14 EST 2002

Sorry if I was a bit to flippant with the first response...
but with emacs21 you get integrated:

compiling ( through gcc )
debugging ( through gdb )
code indexing ( through cscope )
version control ( through cvs )
code highlighting ( through emacs's C mode and global
		    font locks)
autoindenting ( through emacs's C mode )

etc.

So I wasn't really kidding about it being an IDE.
Incidently emacs is a VERY worthwhile time investment
as you can recycle what you learn about it for a lot
of other uses as emacs has modes to support:

C++
Java
Python
Perl
SGML ( which gets you XML,Docbook, HTML, etc )

and many more.

I suspect it can even make Julian Fries, but I've never tried :)

Ed