[TriLUG] Tip: Multiple disjoint cell selection in KSpread

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Jan 4 11:04:00 EST 2002

I was on the point of asking how to do this in KSpread when I stumbled across
it (thinking, this simply *must* be possible).  Separate the cell labels with
semi-colons cell1;cell2;cell3

That is,

=sum(A1) is the sum of the value in cell A1
=sum(A1:A5) is the sum of the values in the five cells in the column A1 to A5
=sum(A1;B2;C3;D4;E5) is the sum of the values in the five cells on the
diagonal from A1 to E5.

I can't find it documented anywhere, so I thought that I'd turn my question
into a tip.  Perhaps Google will pick up trilug's archive page so that
someone else will be able to find it in the future.

---Tom