[TriLUG] I just figured out what evolution is missing

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Jan 5 20:32:14 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 16:33, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> I've been using evolution as my mail client for the past week
> exclusively, and it rocks.
>
> Except it needs a speelchucker.

Yeah, it does!

I completely switched around X-mas and so far I love Evo.  Its
been quite stable and has a lot of cool and useful features.

That said, I'd like to see the following stuff added:

  - a column that reports whether any particular email has
    been forwarded, replied-to, etc.  A set of links to all
    the relies/forwards (some sort of threading) would be
    very cool...

  - Ability to read/work with new emails while others are
    still downloading (ala mozilla) over your crappy 56K
    connection...  :-(

  - faster parsing of email folders at startup time (perhaps
    by amortizing/delaying the parsing work)

  - different handling (or more configurable handling) of
    deleted files--I like the netscape/mozilla default
    handling were deleted files are just moved to the trash
    folder and then I can empty the trash on a, say, monthly
    basis.  That way, I can dig through old emails if, maybe
    a week later, I want to re-read something.

  - better scripts for importing mozilla email folders (ok,
    I should probably write this one this myself as it took
    a while figure out how to convert all my dozens of sub-
    folders over to the Evo format...)

Any other Evo improvement ideas?

Ed

--