[TriLUG] seeking a Kodak DC4800, DC290, DC265 or other remote -control-able digital camera

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Sun Jan 6 15:58:04 EST 2002

Ed,
 I have had no problems working with GPhoto www.gphoto.org. I have a DC-3400
which is based on the DC240 engine. Check out their site www.gphoto.org.
the newest version, 2.0, is non-gui, but the old  version ?0.43? is GUI and
supports USB cameras like mine. I believe they have the entire DC series
listed as supported. www.gphoto.org Also, 2.0 is supported "natively" under
the newer KDE Kamera (KDE 2.2.2)

Also, on the LDP, there is a howto called KODAK-Digitalcam.howto. It is a
must read for ANYONE using a Kodak camera, regardless of the software you
intend to use. It helps you setup the correct device alias' under /dev for
serial and usb devices.

good luck.