[TriLUG] Ximian Gnome Question - Multiple User Accounts

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 6 17:47:39 EST 2002

Hi Folks,

I hunted around for this in their knowledge base but didn't find anything.

I downloaded and installed Ximian Gnome from one user account on my
Redhat 7.2 system.  After restarting XFree86, I got the nice Ximian
Gnome startup configuration panels, and set things up for that user.

I then logged in from another user account, and...  Nothing changed.

How do you encourage Ximian Gnome to configure other user accounts on
the same machine?

The places I've looked include the desktop selections in GDM, and the
desktop preferences control panel.  Nothing mentions Ximian there.

I think it's just a matter of finding out what the name of their startup
configuration tool is, and running it in the other user accounts.

Thanks for any help...

                                      Scott