[TriLUG] GPG Key signing party

Ed Warnicke hagbard at physics.rutgers.edu
Sun Jan 6 18:06:22 EST 2002

I think that having a general n-way signing event would be more
valuable.  Perhaps it would be a better idea to do a meeting on
GPG and signing/encryption, providing enough info for all present
to be able to go home and generate their keys ( if they haven't yet )
and then do a normal n-way key signing party next time around, in the
decentrallized format suggested by the Key Signing Party Howto at
http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html#toc2 .
This way
1)	Everybody has the opportunity to have a key to be signed,
	and get's some instruction in it prior to the signing.
2)	We get a much stronger web of trust.
3)	Everybody has to interact with everybody else, at least
	a little bit, and I think that's probably a good thing.

Naturally it would still be a good idea for Tanner to assemble keys of
those interested in participating.

I don't completely object to the process suggested below, but
Step 5 of the below suggested proceedure leads to a web of trust
that artificially looks much stronger than it really is, and that I
object to strongly.

Ed