[TriLUG] Reply-To munging

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Tue Jan 8 15:08:37 EST 2002

Tanner Lovelace [lovelace at wayfarer.org] wrote:
> > *Most* mailing lists (not all, but certainly more than half) default replies
> > back to the list.  We're not doing anything unusual here.
>
> Most?  Hmmm... I'm on at least 7 mailing lists right now
> (not a high number, but it's been more in the past...)
> and only this one and the Mandrake Cooker list have reply-to
> munging.  One of those lists being a list I have run since
> August of 1994 that has a subscriber base of over 500.
> I contend that the vast majority of lists do not do reply-to munging.
> If you can show proof I'm wrong, please do.

Well, I'm on... (counts) over 40 different lists of various
amounts of traffic, and all but 2 or 3 munge the headers.
I think you just happen to be on a minority of lists that
don't do it...

But... I think the most important thing to remember is the
original "Oh no" post.  No one is ever going to win this
argument...

The only way to be sure is to take a vote, but considering
there's usually only a couple people that don't want munging,
and at least 50 (probably considerably more) subscribers to
the trilug list, I doubt no-munge would win.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/