[TriLUG] Reply-To munging

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Tue Jan 8 15:31:47 EST 2002

Tanner Lovelace [lovelace at wayfarer.org] wrote:
> So, there isn't a majority either way and it falls upon those
> of use who have the intense likes/dislikes to try to persuade
> those who are apathetic.

Well OK then... I'll see your intense dislike and raise you an
intense like!  =)

The way I see it, the majority of replies to a post from a list
like this are *meant* for the list by default.  It's a public
forum for help and such, and therefore, it is more likely that
when you want to reply, you want to reply to the list and not
just the poster.  So, posting to the list should be the default.

It's just as easy *either* way to type in the other if your
mailer doesn't let you map keys/commands/etc. to your
preference, and so it's best to make the default the most
common action.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/