[TriLUG] Reply-To munging

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Wed Jan 9 07:43:57 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 23:15, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Well, I still disagree with his points, but I'm not the FAQ maintainer.
> BTW, as long as we're talking about list stuff, would it be possible
> to setup a cron job that automatically sends the faq to the list every
> month or so.  If you want, you can just point me to where the text
> version of the faq lives on fatalpha and I'll setup the cron script
> myself (so it's less work for the SC).

There isn't a text version, AFAIK, but if you want to convert it to
docbook, I'll set up the transforms to make it text and HTML, so that
the cron job can handle it easily.

> I never doubted Kevin's right to put the chair hat on.  I disagree,
> however, with heavy handed, from on high, tactics and think that if
> people want to discuss something, as long as it's not too far off-topic,
> they should be able to discuss it.

If you look back, I don't do it often, nor do I do it lightly. Hell, i
really don't like doing it at all, but find it a necessary evil (much
like Microsoft Office document support). The other topic likely to
induce the same treatment is "LinuxChix is discriminatory because the
name uses the word 'Chix'" or to prevent an all out flame war.

So I really hope I didn't seem too grouchy about it, but that's how it
is, y'know?
--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001