[TriLUG] Re: RH 7.1 on ThinkPad T21 hanging

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Wed Jan 9 10:23:59 EST 2002

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> Given the circumstances you describe, and assuming it's on a network,
> I'd try to ssh in, and see if the computer's crashed, or if it's "just"
> the console.

I'm pretty sure it's really a hard hang, since it wouldn't
hibernate when I shut the lid.  However, I've disabled gpm
(thanks everyone!) and I'm letting it run now to see how long
it lasts.

My other laptop has been up for 150 days, which is an indication
of how loathe I am to reboot. :-)
--
#ken	P-)}