[TriLUG] yes, TriLUG has more than one mailing list

rpjday rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 9 11:42:35 EST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Christian J Hedemark wrote:

> Someone asked:
> > dev list?  Is that different from this trilug one?
>
> We really ought to have this on our web site, maybe under "communications".

> That will give you a list of publicly available mailing lists that you can
> subscribe to.

i really think the web site could use a reorganization to make the
most useful info available more obviously.  as examples:

1) there's no reason for *old* meeting info to be listed right
  on the home page.  more to the point, this is pretty much the
  same info that you see under "Meetings."

2) the same point can be made about "Events", which contains
  nothing but old events.  again, more to the point, it's not clear
  how you're supposed to choose between "Meetings", "Events" or
  "Installfests" when there appears to be redundancy between these
  headings.  is an installfest an event?  is a meeting an event?

3) what's a "Communication" anyway?  ah, once you get there, you
  find it's a reference to the trilug mailing list.  any reason
  why it couldn't just have been called "Mailing lists"?

4) on the same topic, what's a "Resources"?  does this mean general
  linux resources?  specifically trilug resources?  once again,
  once you get there, it's a bunch of links to useful sites.
  anything wrong with calling this "Cool sites"?

perhaps now is a good time for trilugers to suggest just what it
is they would like www.trilug.org to be for them.  suggestions?

rday