[TriLUG] A final solution to the reply to issue

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 9 13:31:16 EST 2002

Folks should be able to use procmail to remove (or put an X- in front of)
the "Reply-To:" line in the header.  Something like this would be close...

===
  SHELL=/bin/sh    # procmail script Ver 0.1 for removal of "reply-to" in
header

  :0 fhw: trilug.lock
  * ^TOtrilug
  | grep -vi "Reply-To: trilug at trilug.org"  \
    | formail -I "X-Loop: trilug reply-to"

===

The script looks for "To: trilug"
Then makes sure that it hasn't already been modified (by looking for the
X-Loop)
The grep -vi should remove any line with "Reply-To: trilug at trilug.org"
The formail line should add to the header the X-Loop line

Just a first effort from memory without test...

As to us modifying Mailman to accomodate folks who want to get rid our the
"Reply-To", that is already on Mailman wish list.  I don't think it's in
v2.1, but I think it will be in v2.2

Jon

=== Copy of typical Header information ===