[TriLUG] Installfest @ UNC (parking)

Mark R. Lindsey markrlindsey at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 12:26:29 EST 2002

--- H Brett Bolen <wingedlizard at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> > I remember
> > doing one at UNC once a couple of years ago.  The one big concern with UNC
> > seems to be parking... can we get a location with nearby free parking
> > because most people are carrying heavy equipment sometimes in multiple
> > trips.
> I went to a trilug meeting at unc,  i got a parking ticket because I
> could not find any parking spaces.

Many of the parking lots are open after 5:00pm every day and all day Saturday
and Sunday; e.g., the Sitterson lot. It's not very large, though.

How many cars would we expect to be there at any one time? That maximum
would constrain the particular parking lots that can support it, hence
the selection of nearby buildings.