[TriLUG] Sinner's PubKey

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu Jan 10 18:41:53 EST 2002

Here you have it:

http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/pgp.html

FCD0F5EF

<http://www.escomposlinux.org/pgp/index.php?docmd=lookup&server=pgp.escomposlinux.org&op=get&search=0xFCD0F5EF>

I will send you another mesage, encrypted, with the other info that you asked
for. I attach here a picture of myself as well :)

See you tonight

Salut,
Sinner

A Dijous 10 Gener 2002 03:48 pm, vàreu escriure:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just a small clarification on the key exchange for tonight.
>
> I need you to send me your public key, not your key's fingerprint. :-)
> If you don't know how to extract your public key, you can do it
> like this (shamlessly stolen from an earlier e-mail by Kevin :-)
>
> gpg -a -o [yourname]_pubkey.asc --export [your key ID]
>
> And if you're not sure what your key ID is, here is an example:
>
> If you type gpg --fingerprint you should see something like this:
>
> pub  1024D/DE7639D4 2001-09-25 Tanner Lovelace <lovelace at wayfarer.org>
>    Key fingerprint = A66C 8660 924F 5F8C 71DA  BDD0 CE09 4F8E DE76 39D4
> sub  1024g/3418E274 2001-09-25 [expires: 2003-03-19]
>
> Notice on the first line, right after "pub" there are two numbers.
> The first is the key length/type and the second (after the "/")
> is your key ID.  Replace where it says above [your key ID] with
> the correct ID for your key. :-)  Then, bring the above
> information to tonight's meeting.  I'll take your public key,
> use my local program to compute the same information and then
> we'll compare to make sure they're the same.
>
> Also, you should probably download my key (see url below or
> request it from a keyserver using this command:
>
> gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.de.pgp.net --recv-keys DE7639D4
>
> and once you have it run the following command:
>
> gpg --fingerprint DE7639D4
>
> Take the output of that command, print it out, and bring it
> with you tonight so you can verify my information (or, I suppose
> I could just bring hard copies to give out...)
>
> Oh, and you also might want to submit your key to a pgp keyserver.
> An easy way of doing this would be:
>
> gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.de.pgp.net --send-keys [your key ID]
>
> That way, if anyone wants to find your public key, they can
> just search the public keyservers.
>
> Tanner

- --
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-34mdk     Linux Machine # 38068