[TriLUG] Wireless Access Points/Routers

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Fri Jan 11 11:03:33 EST 2002

I've seen a couple vendors on the net with WAP's that support 802.11a, and I
would imagine that 802.11b hardware will start coming down in price as a
result of the new standard becoming available. You may want to consider
waiting for 802.11a hardware yourself if you don't have to go wireless at
this point.

If you're moving large files around you internal network, the extra capacity
that 'A' offers may be something you want to wait for.

I currently have a Linksys router and WAP (separate units). I will have to
say that I have experienced having to reboot my WAP to get a connection, but
that was an older firmware version and have had no problems since flashing
it to the latest version.

JJ