[TriLUG] just to clarify a few points about meetings ...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 14:04:38 EST 2002

Great criticisms!  But I say unto you RPJ Day, don't run away...  The
steering committee elections are coming up rapidly.
You can easily work from within to effect the changes you want.

Run for the SC on exactly the positions you mention in your post!

Yes, yes, yes.  We are *all* over-worked, but you want something to happen
that will effect your business and your life for the better.  You should
follow through!  If you are elected, you'll have a clear mandate to steer
TriLUG in the direction you have outlined.

Yes, yes, yes.  We are all proud of what you've done for us in the past...
and now we want more from you.  And indeed from everyone in the LUG.  We
want to give everyone a chance to Lead and take Responsibility.

That being said, everyone of us who joined the SC did so because we wanted
to effect some change in the way the LUG works. Kevin in particular has
worked to keep the meetings on Topic (Linux) and is always working behind
the scenes to try bring more order to the events.  He is also working to
make them entertaining and enlightening.  These are cross-purposes.

Throw into the mix the fact that we are all over-worked VOLUNTEERS and you
get an idea of how easy it is to get folks to do things.  But, you might
volunteer yourself (or someone who agrees with you) to watch the clock for
us and prompt us to move on so that we stay on Schedule.

Oh well.  Enough rambling from me.  Take care, and thanks for your
thoughts.  TriLUG is one of the most Democratic organizations that I know
of, and we all know that it is the responsibility of every citizen in a
democracy to voice their thoughts!

Jon

On Friday 11 January 2002 12:30, you wrote:
>   i just want to make sure folks understand what my issues
> were with recent trilug meetings, so let me clarify a few points.
<snip>