[TriLUG] trilug meetings

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sat Jan 12 04:48:38 EST 2002

On Saturday 12 January 2002 11:25 pm, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Tom Bryan wrote:
> > But, it's not really fun for a loner who comes to a meeting
> > for the first time.  (S)he knows a lot of people from the
> > list, but can't match faces to names.
>
> So how about a section on the Web site where people can
> post a pic and a brief comment?

I thought of that.  That would at least helps the "names and faces" problem.
It still doesn't help the "introductions" issue, but it would help a new
member to introduce himself to people with whom he had actually been
corresponding.  It becomes
"Hi, XXXXX.  I'm YYYYYY.  Thanks for that ZZZZZZ."
instead of
"Hello.  I'm YYYYY.  It's my first meeting, and I'm mingling."

The second one reminds me too much of an old "Kids in the Hall" skit.
"Well, it *certainly* is nice to meet *you*....I'm not beeing *sarcastic.*
I've talked this way aaall my *life*."

---Tom