[TriLUG] Flowe Desktop Demo - Thank you

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sat Jan 12 15:57:40 EST 2002

A Divendres 11 Gener 2002 04:32 pm, vàreu escriure:
> Dear TriLUG,
> Thank you for giving me an opportunity to come and demo the Flowe
> Desktop. I hope you all got some fun out of looking at it and perhaps
> trying it when you can. The demo barely scratched what the desktop
> can do for both beginner and seasoned Linux users.

Dear Tan,

IT was an impressive demo.  Maybe my coder heart doesn't like such a
windows-like behaviour. But I understand and my mind tells me that
corporate users will welcome this "easy transition from Windows to
Linux" desktop.

Maybe if you can offer themes that just look like Windows 9x / 2000
(with a smart pixel difference or a different RGB colour to avoid legal
trouble...) will be vene better.

> To add to some comments on the list (except included below), I would
> like to say that the group actually gave me MORE time than we first
> agreed. So, thank you again!

No problem. The pizza was good.

> As for the actual work on Flowe Desktop and its foundation
> technology, I did all of the work -- nights and weekends from 1988 to
> 2000, and full-time in 2001. There are only about 500K lines of C++
> code for the product -- quite slim compared to many Linux projects.

This is impressive. My hat goes off.

> Thanks again and I hope to have another opportunity to come visit and
> contribute to TriLUG.
> -Tan
> Founder & CTO
> Codeflex, Inc.

> By the way, I kinda liked the rambling at the meeting -- the real fun
> and time away from the day-to-day office chores!

I expect to see you guys around!

Salut,
Sinner
- --
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-34mdk     Linux Machine # 38068