[TriLUG] Wake County E-Government

Ed Warnicke hagbard at physics.rutgers.edu
Sun Jan 13 14:42:19 EST 2002

I happened to be entering my local public library today
when I came across a large sign declaring that
Wake County would be having a focus group about
the future of Wake Counties E-Government initiatives
on Thursday January 24 from 7-8pm and that all interested
parties should go the the Adult services desk to sign up.

I think it is important that there are voices from the
Linux/Open Source community represented at this
focus group so that our needs are not ignored simply
because they are unknown to the people making the
decisions.  Unfortunately I will be out of state on the
24th.

So my question is, who here is
a)	A resident of Wake County
b)	Willing to go down to their local library to
	sign up.
c)	Willing to attend the focus group and calmly
	rationally represent a positive Linux/Open Source
	point of view. ( See http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Advocacy.html
for
	suggestions ).

As an added bit of incentive, the sign did say that
refreshments would be provided.

Ed