[TriLUG] Newbie question...Desktops

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Mon Jan 14 00:21:07 EST 2002

I'd like to ask how do I change Desktops? I have Gnome and KDE and I've
added BlackBox. The only way I've ever changed is
switchdesk-kde/switchdesk-gnome/switchdesk. I've tried these, but BlackBox
is not there. I've tried their site, but I can not get to the instructions.
I've looked on LDP, but nothing there is working either.

any suggestions? Am I getting my Windows Managers/Desktops confused?

The end result is this: I have an old Toshiba Pentium-100MHz machine with
40MB RAM. I'd like to try some of the strip down desktops, like BlackBox, so
I can run a GUI with some real time response. I've been running KDE, but
running RHL 7.2, even 2 terminals open in KDE on this box hurts.

Any suggestions welcomed (and, no, I cannot get another laptop.<g!>)