[TriLUG] Mail Server options.

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Mon Jan 14 00:22:46 EST 2002

Ben Pitzer [uncleben at mindspring.com] wrote:
> I've got Postfix installed, and working like a dream.  It wasn't overly
> difficult, and I highly recommend it.  It also seemed to me that exim is
> a tad too limited for my purposes, but Postfix filled the bill
> perfectly.  It's not too difficult to configure, and you can have it
> installed and running in very short order.

I'll second that...

While QMail is very nicely written, it doesn't play well with the rest of
the system, I think.  Dan Bernstein make some great code, he has this
knack for doing things in a very neat way that works like absolutely
nothing else, and therefore you spend a lot of time relearning things.
If you don't mind that, qmail is a great system, but it just drives me
nuts...

QMail/Postfix is kind of like vi/emacs, I'm probably starting a holy war
right here...  ;)

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/