[TriLUG] Outline for proposed Linux for Business presentation.

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jan 14 15:00:37 EST 2002

Ann Marie said:
> (although someday I'd love to be able to pay all my friends to do their
> dream jobs)

Put me on the list to be Steve Irwin's camera man.

> I know, for example, the abundance of Windows-trained sysadmins is one
> reason some companies give for saying that they'd "never" switch.

What would be interesting would be to have like three MCSE's, a pile of
hardware, and a budget.  Then have three UNIX geeks (trained or not... as
long as they seem to know what they are doing), a pile of hardware, and a
budget.  Let business managers throw typical problems at them and see how
efficiently each team can come up with a solution.  Points scored for rapid
deployment, low cost, low maintenance, reliability, performance, and the end
user interface.  As long as none of the managers asked the teams do do
something like sync a Palm Pilot (DUCK!) it would be very interesting to
watch how the two groups solved problems and what kind of $$$ they had to
spend to get there.