[TriLUG] DNS question

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Jan 15 19:04:42 EST 2002

Mark,

Email me privately with more details about this and I'll help you put the
files together.  This is up my alley.

First thing I need to know is what is the domain name the server will be on.
I have to verify that you indeed have ownership of the IP address(es) that
is/are authoritative for that domain.  So that needs to be done first.
Typically you need two IP addresses for DNS, as you require two DNS servers
to have a valid domain.

Other thing I need to know... what version of BIND are you running?  That
is, if you are running BIND and not djbdns or something else.  The syntax
for BIND has changed a bit over different releases.

Give me the IP address of the host, what you want the hostname to be, and
what domain name it is in.

Chris