[TriLUG] Outline for proposed Linux for Business presentation.

Craig Duncan craigduncan at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 16 11:04:37 EST 2002

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 10:11 am, you wrote:

> > In the past, in my experience, I've gotten a bit of "thats all good and
> > well but what of our ASP pages."
>
> Perhaps talk about the strengths of JSP?

The obvious choice should be PHP. This is much more akin to ASP than JSP and
the learning curve is almost non-existant. In addition, there are tools to
convert ASP pages to PHP (have not actually tried using them, but they exist).

Similarly, PostgreSQL would be an appropriate open source database to move to
from SQL server. There are some great commercial databases too, but of course
you need to fork out some serious $$$'s for those.