[TriLUG] RH 7.1 to 7.2 results in messed up system :-(

Mark R. Lindsey markrlindsey at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 15:05:02 EST 2002

I, too, had trouble with 7.2 initially. But the problems disappeared when
I updated the 7.2 kernel to 2.4.9-13, available from Red Hat as an
update to 7.2.

I used
	up2date --force -u kernel

This updates /etc/grub.conf to include 2.4.9-13, but leaves the
	default=1
in that file. I had to changed it to
	default=0
to make grub boot to 2.4.9-13 by default.