[TriLUG] Linux is not ready for the Enterprise?

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 17 10:56:42 EST 2002

Maybe I'm missing something...I don't understand the sarcasm
in the quoted reply.  I read the 1st article -- it seemed like
a very useful and objective evaluation of the state of Linux
in the Enterprise.  Even favorable.  I certainly did not come
away from the article with a "Linux is not ready for the
Enterprise" feeling.  What am I missing?

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
<snip>

> http://www.networkcomputing.com/1302/1302fn.html
>
> "Linux is not ready for the Enterprise. There is not a single
> voice-controlled app for any of the mission-critical functions of the
> Enterprise. Conspicuously absent are warp core control, phaser bank
> activation, interstellar navigation, transporter operation and the
> all-important self-destruct sequence. Until these and thousands of other
> important apps are written and deployed, Linux will just be a toy in the
> Enterprise."

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com