[TriLUG] borland

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Thu Jan 17 11:26:31 EST 2002

> And the built-in help! I taught myself pascal with the Turbo Pascal help
> system, and some code a friend wrote (thanks Mike) that I thought needed
> improvements.

Aaah, yes.. Borland online help.  They have, IMHO, always had the best
online help.
As far as I'm concerned, Borland Turbo C++ 3.0 for DOS STILL has better
online
documentation than Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 with MSDN.   If for no other
reason than that they almost always provided example code illustrating how
to use
any given function or API call.

Now.. how to make this remotely on-topic...  uhh... umm... Oh yeah..
Borland C++
has better online help than GCC. :-)

TTYL,

Phil