[TriLUG] nc.rr.com difficulties?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Jan 18 00:50:24 EST 2002

On Friday 18 January 2002 10:29 am, Fred Stutzman wrote:
> Anyone else experiencing a _lot_ of random service outages in the past few
> days?

I'm in Wake Forest.  I haven't seen any unusual problems recently.  I have
had intermittant problems where I'll suddenly start seeing really bad packet
loss to just about every destination.  Generally, I end up shutting down the
interface connected to the modem, waiting a couple of minutes, and bringing
it back up.  I'm not sure what's causing the problem, and I know that it's an
ugly solution, but it has always worked for me. :-/

---Tom