[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Sat Jan 19 02:42:24 EST 2002

[2002-01-19 02:24] Greg Brown said:

| Red Hat, if you are listening, DON'T SELL!!!  At least not to these people.

have you lost your mind?  :-) I can't imagine a more positive scenario
than having *nix users (even if the users don't know dick about *nix)
on 30 million machines.  What could be negative about this?  AOL,
because they must, ensures that the AOL application works as
flawlessly on linux as possible, so there is no contamination of the
developer community of AOL lusers.  Any *nix developer has 30 million
potential customers.  Where is the negative here? I'm not a fan of the
AOL experience, but when all is said && done, I'd certainly appreciate
the fact that Linux is installed on 30+ million computers.

oh, and don't forget, AOL is quite realistic about
((leveraging)|(cooperating with)) the open source community when
it makes sense (aolserver), so I do consider them a valuable community
member.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman