[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Robert Floyd r.floyd3 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 19 13:35:52 EST 2002

If AOL were to buy RH, that would be a Very Good Thing for the Linux
community as a whole, IMHO. I'm probably not the only person who has to keep
a Windows machine at home so the rest of the family can use AOL. Whatever we
think about it, AOL is a tool that millions of people use everyday. A Linux
implementation could only help push acceptance of the Linux desktop in the
home....and remember, the home environment drives the business environment
more than we'd like to believe.

Linux has relatively few consumer applications. Imagine the floodgates that
could open with a Linux port of what may be the largest consumer application
of them all.

My .015 Euro,
Robert Floyd
Durham, NC