[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 20:28:25 EST 2002

Matt Matthews wrote:

> FWIW, AOL has a Mac client. I think that they may even

 > have, or be working on, a MacOS X client.

You're absolutely right.  I can't beleive I
forgot.  If I'm not mistaken AOL was primarily
an Apple network service in the early days.

I'd guess that AOL want so ensure their software
is everywhere their potential users are.  Hence
the move to Linux.  Why should they go through
the pain of stumbling into Linux - they can
buy the resources the need to integrate AOL
into Linux more effectively.  And who better
to customize Linux into an AOL appliance?

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com