[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Sat Jan 19 22:57:51 EST 2002

I have mixed views. I've just read how some see this as a positive. I'm not
sure it is. Even though AOL funds Mozilla, I still find the browser hard to
control, I'm more comfortable with Konquerer(no remarks please).  I have to
learn how to use Mozilla, mainly, but I haven't had the time. My question
about how they've funded Mozilla is what happens to the suggested "upgrades
and enhancements". I know I've sent a few messages suggesting the ablility
to remove icons from the taskbars and use text only, and I've seen other
similar requests, but I haven't seen any response, whether "yes", "no", or
"we're thinking about it"
 Would this happen to RH?  I know now, mainly from talking to folks from RH
at TriLUG and from this mail list, that RH is concerned and does respond to
such requests in one form or another. Think about the almost "war" we had
about documentation and the installer on this list. Would RH be limited on
progressing Linux?

If this does happen, I'm not sure if I'd run RH anymore or not. That remains
to be seen.

If anyone from RH is listening, and we know you are, then please respond to
the "allegations" in one form or another, something other than "no comment".

$0.02 from this current RH user and advocate
Roy