[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 20 10:11:51 EST 2002

>If AOL were to buy RH, that would be a Very Good Thing for the Linux
>community as a whole, IMHO. I'm probably not the only person who has to
>keep
>a Windows machine at home so the rest of the family can use AOL.
>Whatever we
>think about it, AOL is a tool that millions of people use everyday. A
>Linux
>implementation could only help push acceptance of the Linux desktop in
>the
>home....and remember, the home environment drives the business
>environment
>more than we'd like to believe.

I'm not one the those people who thinks it is necessarily a good thing
if every home PC runs Linux.  I do know this.  The damn popup ads would
drive me nuts "So you booted up star office Andrew Oliver... .  Well Mr.
Case just wants you to know that nothing quenches your thirst while your
typing up that documentation like a nice cold Pepsi..  Why Pepsi is the
choice of a new generation you know...  [buy a pepsi with your credit
card] [see more popup ads while you work]"

Hummm...

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!