[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sun Jan 20 21:08:23 EST 2002

A Dissabte 19 Gener 2002 09:44 pm, vàreu escriure:
>  I would never dream of forcing Linux on my
> parents

I did.

Really. Mandrake 8.1  + ext3 + OpenOffice + Postfix

And they know nothing of a user called "root". They just now how to
click to the icon "Dad" and "Mom", enter a password like in the movies,
and everything works. And my dad will hit 61 this year.

Totally different from their previous Miicrosoft "experience", where
all seems to work... for about 1 week. And then, they called me. Now,
the joy of no more phone-support. The joy of 2 new Linux users. The joy
of grown-ups that at work say "... and at home, with our Lunix thing
(or something), I do not get those blue screens and all those non-sense
messages. And virusses do not infect us..."

But, then, again, I am a "Sinner".

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-34mdk     Linux Machine # 38068