[TriLUG] imapd configuration and documentation

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 05:16:53 EST 2002

Having done this once before in the distant past, I believe you need to web
over to the University of Washington and look there for the Documentation.
The version I used was one of their projects, and I think RH is still using
that version for Imap/Pop support.

Also, with that version, you can create other mailboxes, but you cannot
create subfolders.  So you can't have a folder within a mailbox.  Though
you can have as many mailbox folders as you would like.

If something contains subfolders, then it is a directory and cannot contain
mail.

If you change mail formats then you *might* be able to mix mail and
folders, but you still won't have all the functionality that you are
looking for.

This is all info from the distant past using RH 6.x...

Jon Carnes