[TriLUG] imapd configuration and documentation

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Mon Jan 21 09:44:31 EST 2002

Jon Carnes [jonc at nc.rr.com] wrote:
> Also, with that version, you can create other mailboxes, but you cannot
> create subfolders.  So you can't have a folder within a mailbox.  Though
> you can have as many mailbox folders as you would like.
>
> If something contains subfolders, then it is a directory and cannot contain
> mail.

I don't know if you can create them *through* IMAP, but wu-imapd serves
subdirectories containing mail just fine -- I create my folders with
procmail, though, and only use imap to subscribe to already existing
folders, essentially.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/