[TriLUG] RH 7.1 to 7.2 results in messed up system :-(

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Tue Jan 22 10:14:25 EST 2002

"Mark R. Lindsey" wrote:

> I, too, had trouble with 7.2 initially. But the problems disappeared when
> I updated the 7.2 kernel to 2.4.9-13, available from Red Hat as an
> update to 7.2.
>
> I used
>         up2date --force -u kernel
>
> This updates /etc/grub.conf to include 2.4.9-13, but leaves the
>         default=1
> in that file. I had to changed it to
>         default=0
> to make grub boot to 2.4.9-13 by default.

I'm going to update my 7.1 laptop (the one with the hanging problem)
to 7.2 to-day -- but it's essentially off the net as far as up2date
is concerned.

How can I download the equivalent bits and what commands do I need
to issue to be the equivalent of the up2date sequence above?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millenium hand and shrimp!"